Sunday 3 May 2015

There Cronies are still in the KX?

Sydney has always been noted for a small subculture of extraordinary women - 4 examples here. Bohemian rhapsody!
Like · Comment · 
  • Michelle Paton and 87 others like this.
  • Dick Whitaker I should have mentioned - click on the images to retrieve more detail.
    4 hrs · Like · 4
  • Michelle Paton lol.....worked that out! hahahaha
    4 hrs · Like
  • Janine Rhianwen Rout Good grief! That first one is scary 😬
    4 hrs · Like · 2
  • Michelle Paton The Witch of Kings Cross, Rosaleen Norton
    4 hrs · Like · 5
  • Jennifer Stone Rosaleen Norton the Witch of Kings Cross she had 200 students learning the Kabbalah. She was into Blood Riituals and Juanita Nielsen had a lunch appointment? Who's lunch?
    4 hrs · Like · 3
  • Juanita Lovett I used to see Rosaleen Norton's work at Kings Cross. Bea Miles, used to be on the buses and one day I spoke to her on her way back from Watsons Bay.. She was such an intelligent woman.She was wearing old sandshoes on her feet without any laces, her sunvisor around her forehead, and a well worn coat. She was well educated and came from a wealthy family. She was the scourge of Sydney taxi drivers hopping in them and then refusing to pay. I enjoyed looking at the photos. Thank you Dick !
    4 hrs · Edited · Like · 8
  • Bob Smith lovely ladies one & all
    4 hrs · Like
  • Dick Whitaker Would you believe that Bee was an old Abbotsleigh girl!
    4 hrs · Like · 1
  • Matt Bendt Mumma Mia!
    4 hrs · Like
  • Philip Johnson Stories of Bea Miles ripping the car doors off taxis
    4 hrs · Like · 1
  • Inger Sheil My mother nursed Tillie Devine in her final days. She doesn't talk much specifically about Tillie due to patient confidentiality, but she says she treated the hospital staff well and was not onerous to care for, but she did have an *awful* lot of young male visitors claiming to be 'relatives' - presumably there to take orders from her, as she still kept a firm grip on her "business"!
    4 hrs · Unlike · 8
  • Michelle Paton The stories these women have....amazing
    4 hrs · Like
  • Cindy Hickman oh I so remember all the press stories about Rosaleen Norton - I was fascinated by her but thankfully my Mother kept a tight rein on me - I only wanted to look and read from afar ... 
    3 hrs · Like · 1
  • Jeanette Luxford are there any books around on the lives of these women
    3 hrs · Like
  • Lesley Eldridge I have a book about these old tarts. They were as rough as guts.
    2 hrs · Like · 1
  • Stew Coxell Rosaleen's Teeth!..... the was a few of her artworks in the now gone, Ex-libris bookshop that was on Elizabeth bay road just near Greenknowe ave
    1 hr · Like
  • Michelle Paton Watch Underbelly: Razor.....gives a good background of Tilly Devine & Kate Leigh.
    1 hr · Like
  • Nicola Bell One of my favourite things from the book Razor is that in her final years Tilly Devine deplored popular culture - the movies were too violent and the songs all about sex.
    1 hr · Like · 1
  • Michelle Paton Pot, kettle, black! bahahaha
    1 hr · Like
  • Lynette Komidar All women lived nearby me when I was growing up. There were many more people / women with abounding talent in the area
    1 hr · Like
  • Lynette Komidar Jennifer Stone where did you get the information on Rosaleen Norton and blood rituals?
    1 hr · Like
  • Lynette Komidar Rosaleen lived nearby, I visited her home. Didn't see 200 students, where did she keep them?
    1 hr · Like
  • Stew Coxell This was under the carpet in a house I lived in redfern. It is a page from the truth newspaper 15 Sept. 1955. Sorry, I don't have a scanner to post this in better quality.
    1 hr · Unlike · 2
  • Jennifer Stone Aleister Crowley research, then interview the thugs in the Nomads, Bandidos, HElls angels you come up with the evidence.
    1 hr · Like
  • Jennifer Stone Jewish Kabbalah taught by Rosaleen Norton - Corruption ...
    ://juanitanewspapernow.blogspot.com/.../jewish-kabbalah......
    Apr 10, 2015 - Research Jewish Kabbalah which was taught by Rosaleen Norton for the ... Kabbalah conspiracy theories & Illuminati s
    ...See More


    Exposing the myths in society for a better world. Corruption has been a problem within society for too long. Unsolved murders, missing persons and how the Herbs of the Gods are needed to heal the sick. Researcher Jennifer Stone
    JUANITANEWSPAPERNOW.BLOGSPOT.IN
    1 hr · Like · 1 · Remove Preview
  • Lynette Komidar I research AC many, many years ago ... You have researched and interviewed all these people I presume, and also have the inside gen. on Juanita .. all word of mouth. I grew up in the Cross and saw all these events unfold, and any reporting, newspaper o...See More
    1 hr · Edited · Like
  • Jennifer Stone I have worked on it with someone that has been around Kings Cross for about 30 years.the Witch of Kings Cross - Nevill Drury
    ://www.nevilldrury.com/nevill-drury-articles-rosaleen...
    by Nevill Drury Back to Articles. Before Z Budapest and Starhawk, before Margot Adler and Janet Farrar, there was Rosaleen Norton…


    Home I Biography I CV I Books I Articles I Interviews I...
    NEVILLDRURY.COM
    1 hr · Like · 1 · Remove Preview
  • Michelle Paton Was the fear of the unknown or because Rosaleen could actually cause havoc?
    1 hr · Like
  • Jennifer Stone I spoke with Nevill Drury before his death and he agreed that to keep researching will expose what she worked on up in Kings Cross.
    1 hr · Like
  • Lynette Komidar I don't need to read this again, I have already told you I was there.
    1 hr · Like
  • Michelle Paton Nobody is forcing you to read it Lynette Komidar....its interesting to those who arent old enough or werent there
    1 hr · Unlike · 1
  • Lynette Komidar Michelle Paton, Rosaleen moved in high circles and tended to rock the boat.
    1 hr · Like · 1
  • Lynette Komidar Sorry Michelle Paton, I believe that the article was put up in response to my previous comment.
    1 hr · Like · 1
  • Michelle Paton I wish I grew up in that era, in that location.....I find it extremely fascinating
    1 hr · Like · 1
  • Lynette Komidar Brilliant artist and journalist .. the witch thing pffft.
    1 hr · Like
  • Michelle Paton I have read the book on JN's murder/disappearance....I drew my own conclusions.....
    1 hr · Like · 1
  • Lynette Komidar The murderers did have staff members.
    1 hr · Like
  • Michelle Paton I figured that 
    1 hr · Like · 1
  • Michelle Paton Jennifer Stone....I look forward to reading what you have researched thus far & hearing about any further developments 
    1 hr · Unlike · 2
  • Lynette Komidar Becareful, as I said they are here on FB (cronies that is)
    1 hr · Edited · Like · 1
  • Lynette Komidar (I mean in this circle) .. KX etc.
    1 hr · Like
  • Michelle Paton Of course.
    1 hr · Like

    • Cindy Hickman it always intrigued me that we had The Sun and The Truth newspapers come into our home and I was always looking through for that which I was apparently not supposed to read - maybe it was a way of warning me of the big wide world ... 
    • Dick Whitaker This thread shows the great value of "Old Sydney Album" - all the recollections and reminiscences of people who had connection with the era. Thank-you Lynette, Jennifer, Inger, Juanita et al ....this brings history back to life.
      27 mins · Unlike · 3
    • Vic Ki I use to see Bea Miles a fair bit in Glebe back in the 60's , I was terrified of her. She caught cabs and very rarely paid the fare she wouldn't hesistate to invite herself into your car , mum had a coversation with Bea once.
      Bea - whats your daughter
      s name?
      Mum - Cheryl 
      Bea - Horrible name.
      If we were all in the car stopped at a red light and saw Bea coming dad would say '' lock the doors and put the windows up and don't look at her '' .
      6 mins · Like
    • Vic Ki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bea_Miles

      Beatrice (Bea or Bee) Miles (17 September 1902 – 3 December 1973) was an Australian eccentric and bohemian rebel. Described as Sydney's "iconic eccentric", she was known for her contentious relationships with the city's taxi drivers and for her ability to quote any passage from Shakespeare for money…
      EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

  • Jennifer Stone

    • 21 hrs · Like · 4
    • Cate Gow I am not sure the bottom two qualify as bohemians; they were just drug pushing tough women
      19 hrs · Like · 2
    • Gary Parsons I remember Bea Miles on a Watson's Bay tram in 1955
      19 hrs · Like · 2
    • Juanita Lovett So do I Gary. I lived at Vaucluse and she would catch the bus or train back to Kings Cross. As I said before she was misunderstood by many. These days with modern medicine she may have be alright with treatment and psychiatric help. Some times people are eccentric because they have the brain of a genius. I have a friend with the same last name as yours. Dianne used to live at Arcadia, and her now passed on husband was Ken. She had two daughter's Allison and Kimberely. Allison died of cancer.
      17 hrs · Like
    • Jeff Irvine Bea Miles apparently kissed me in my pram one day & said how cute I was, mum screamed & yelled obscenities or so I'm told.
      16 hrs · Like · 1
    • Gary Parsons In January I lost my wife to Cancer.She loved this group
      16 hrs · Edited · Unlike · 3
    • Michelle Paton Sorry for your loss Gary
      16 hrs · Like · 2
    • Gary Parsons Thanks
      16 hrs · Like
    • Colleen Stock Your Grandfather had Bea Miles in his taxi when he was driving several times and related many stories to us much to our amusment xx
      16 hrs · Like · 2
    • Dick Whitaker Sorry to hear that Gary. Glad she enjoyed the club.
      16 hrs · Like · 1
    • Colleen Stock I met rosaleen At the cross several time but was always scared stiff of her
      16 hrs · Like
    • Colleen Stock Tilly devine was also know by my family she lived close by to us
      16 hrs · Like · 1
    • Wendy Hammond Sorry for your loss Gary
      16 hrs · Like
    • Paul Goulding Use to see Tilly Devine in Maroubra Juction in the early sixties .
      2 hrs · Like · 1
    • Jayrad O'Brien My stepmums father was married to Rosaleen in the 50s (or 60s?)
      24 mins · Like · 2
    • Dick Whitaker Interesting Jayrad - would have been an unusual marriage!
      22 mins · Like · 1
    • Sebastian Salo Inger Sheil, that's taking patient confideniality, still not talking about a patient 50 years after the patient's death, even to your own daughter.
    • Sebastian Salo Lynette Komidar, I didn't think there was much secrecy anymore around the theories of the Juanita Neilsen murder. Most if not all the alleged principals are dead: Theeman, Saffron, Trigg, Anderson.
      5 mins · Like
    • Jennifer Stone Tom Dominican is alive and many others
      4 mins · Like
    • Sebastian Salo I wonder how many it actually took to kill her. So many have been named, they would have formed a firing squad if all actually were involved.

      • Lynette Komidar Sebastian, I did mention that it was not a good idea to mention names!!!!!!!!!
        3 hrs · Like
      • Lynette Komidar Yes Jennifer, and they are on FB
        3 hrs · Like
      • Fletcher Thomas I had met Anna Hoffman who was a friend of Rosalyn Naughton. I stayed with Anna in New Zealand a few times. She died just last year. She still had strange things in the house. She said the she and Rosalyn Naughton loved playing with all that witchy stuff just to frighten away the bulling and dickheads. It seemed to work, people who were not that sophisticated tended to keep away. This was a virtue at the time as women were often raped and abused when they were alone. Anna Hoffman was a stow away on a cargo ship from Wellington to Sydney, jumped overboard, still in her school uniform, and as soon as she hit soil, was discovered by Bumper Farrell. Someone else in this sight new Bumper Farrell. Well, aparently, rather than try to find her parents back in New Zealand to send her back, he raped her, found it quite amusing, especially when she was still in her Wellington School uniform. Then he passed her around the whole Police Station. Then he unofficially had her working for him as his prostitute / informer. The rest of her time in Sydney was finding revenge. Roslyn Naughton and a few other woman planned to get Bumper Farrell back in revenge after they were abused in similar ways. This is the story Anna told me. That's what she said. I'm just saying. I don't want to upset those who were friends with Bumper Farrell. But I did hear similar stories from Carmen Rupe, Kings Cross trannie, who also died a few years ago. So, I'm just saying from what they told me
        1 hr · Like
      • Sebastian Salo Lynne, the names I mentioned are dead people who have previously been mentioned over and over again in this connection. search online for Juanita Neilsen and those are the names that come up.
      • Margaret Bastow Is that Bea ? can't think of last name she used to ride taxi's & wouldn't get out.
        6 mins · Like
      • Margaret Bastow The 2 nd photo .
        6 mins · Like
    Write a comment...

No comments:

Post a Comment